Care provider: Invite family to a CareApp community | How to add a family member
Learn how to invite family members to a CareApp community.
Why invite family to CareApp?
CareApp is the leading platform for communication and engagement in aged care, giving families a much needed personalised and reassuring window into the care and wellbeing of their loved ones.
CareApp enables care providers to easily record and share messages, photos, video/audio, documentation and links as well as notices, events, and newsletters, in a way that is safe, secure and private.
CareApp means that even with geographical challenges and busy lives, families stay connected with loved ones and involved with their care and wellbeing. It’s simply beautiful care.
Family members will need to receive an invitation to join a CareApp community.
Please see the CareApp for Families video below for more information on what CareApp means to families.
Who can invite a family member to a CareApp community?
If you have an Administrator or Coordinator account on CareApp you can invite family to join CareApp and connect with their loved one's profiles to see posts and updates.
Depending on your community settings, family members may also be able to invite other family members to join their community.
Please click here to see how family can invite family to join.
If you are unsure of your community settings please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgDelete
How many family members can I add to each customer profile?
You can invite as many family members as you wish to a customer profile. There is no limit.Delete
What posts will family see once they have an account on CareApp?
Family members will only see the posts for:
- their loved one/s that they are connected to on CareApp.
- posts that have been shared with the family by an Administrator or Coordinator account.
How do I tell who can see whose posts on CareApp?
You can check on a customer profile who can see their posts.
Simply, go to the customer profile via the "Customers" tab.
Tap on communities.
Scroll down to see "Community Members" - This will show a list of all staff, family, and customer accounts that can see posts for this customer profile on CareApp.Delete
Sending family an invitation to join CareApp
Family will need to receive an invitation to join your community on CareApp.
To send a family member an invitation as a care provider please follow the step-by-step guide below.
Mobile & Tablet
1. Navigate to the 'Customers' tab.
2. Search for the customer's name you wish to add the family member to. Either enter their name in the 'Filter' search bar or scroll down the customer list until you find their name.
3. Tap into the customer's name to access their profile.
4. Once on the customer's profile, tap on the 'Community' tab.
5. Tap on 'Add to community'.
6. Enter the email address of the family member.
7. Tap 'Invite via email'.
8. Tap 'Family' from the list of role types. Tap 'Add to community'.
This family member will now receive an invitation to join CareApp. They can find this invitation in their email inbox or spam/junk folders in their emails.
Computer & Web
- Navigate to the 'Customers' tab in the left-hand menu.
- Search for the customer you wish to add the family member for by entering their name in the 'Filter' search bar or scrolling down the customer list until you find their name.
- Click into the customer's name to access their profile.
- Once on the customer's profile, click on the 'Community' tab.
- Click on 'Add to community'.
- Now enter the email address of the family member who wishes to join CareApp.
- Click on 'Role' and choose 'Family' from the drop-down list.
- Click 'Invite User'.
This family member will now receive an invitation to join CareApp. They can find this invitation in their email inbox or junk/spam folders in their emails.Delete